This list is primarily drawn from books and articles in my own library. It is by no means exhaustive. I will add to it as new sources come to my attention.
- Arentz, Dick. Platinum & Palladium Printing. 2nd Edition. Focal Press, 2005.
- Barnier, John (ed.). Coming Into Focus: A Step-by-Step Guide to Alternative Photographic Techniques. Chronicle Books, 2000.
- Crawford, William. The Keepers of Light. Morgan & Morgan, New York, 1979.
- James, Christopher. The Book of Alternative Photographic Processes. 2nd Edition. Delmar, 2009.
- Malde, Pradip and Ware, Mike. A Contemporary Method for Making Photographic Prints in Platinum & Palladium. 1988.
- McCabe, Constance (editor). Platinum and Palladium Photographs: Technical History, Connoisseurship, and Preservation. American Institute for Conservation, 2017.
- Nadeau, Luis. History and Practice of Platinum Printing. 3rd revised edition. Fredericton, 1994.
- Pizzighelli, Captain and Hubl, Baron A. Platinotype. Harrison & Sons, London, 1886.
- Rexroth, Nancy. The Platinotype. Violet Press, 1977.
- Schaefer, John P. The Ansel Adams Guide: Basic Techniques of Photography, Book 2. Little, Brown and Company, 1998.
- Shillea, Thomas John. Instruction Manual for the Platinum Printing Process. 1986.
- Sullivan, Richard and Weese, Carl. The New Platinum Print. Working Pictures Press, 1998.
- Gottlieb, Adam. Chemistry and Conservation of Platinum and Palladium Photographs. Journal of the American Institute for Conservation, 1995, 34.1.2.
- Malde, Pradip. New Solutions for Platinum Printers. View Camera, September/October 1994.
- Rudiak, John. The Platinotype. View Camera, January/February 1994.
- Rudiak, John. Creating a Platinotype. View Camera, July/August 1994.
- Stulik, Dusan and Kaplan, Art. Platinotype. The Atlas of Analytical Signatures of Photographic Processes. The Getty Conservation Institute, 2013.
- Sullivan, Richard. Labnotes. Bostick & Sullivan, 1982.
- Tice, George. Process: Palladium & Platinum. Modern Photography, March 1971
- Ware, Michael J. An Investigation of Platinum and Palladium Printing. The Journal of Photographic Science, Vol.34, 1986.